Wednesday, September 30, 2015

It's almost October

And for me that means a chance to dress up in costumes!  Of course, I rarely actually dress myself up in costumes and my children are wanting to pick out their own now so where does that leave me??  Dressing up my dolls!  Be prepared to see some dolls in costumes coming along this month, I'd like to introduce you to my first three.  :)

First we have Sable.  I rarely do these little honeybuns with a full head of mohair because my entire aim for them was to try and keep them a little more affordable for people and these use up a lot more supplies and take a lot more time.  But she wanted to be a flapper girl and how could I resist giving her a full head of curly platinum hair?!  Answer: I couldn't.  So Sable was born. 

Normally she's a really sweet girly girl and dresses in pretty hearts and lace but for Halloween her saucy side comes out and she's head to toe black! 


Next we have Emery who came to me one night very quietly and told me she'd always wished to be a butterfly.  Luckily for her I was able to come up with a sweet pair of wings that she can hook onto her shoulders when she wants to dress up.  This way she can wear them with anything! 

 
Luckily for me Ally was an easy customer.  It took her a while to decide what she wanted to be but when she picked a black cat late one night, we got to work.  I think her fuzzy little mohair piggies are just the sweetest, don't you?
 
 
Sable and Emery will be for sale in just a couple of hours at Crafty Bastards!  Stay tuned to my Facebook page for more fun in doll land!

1 comment:

  1. They are so cute, Kristy! I hope to see some more Honeybuns from you with these sweet piggies and curls :)
    Greetings, Szilvia

    ReplyDelete